My Favorite Clips

I have often asked myself, what is the point of knowing a word when I cannot use that word to communicate with another person. If you ever have the answer to that question, please clue me in.

Below I include a list of some of my favorite movie clips. Before each clip, I explain why the clip makes the list.

1. Breaking Bad: This clip shows us how the protagonist becomes the antagonist.




2. Devils Advocate: Al Pacino's Speech is not the lecture of a devil, it is the lecture of a nihilist. I like the lecture because, as an atheist who believes neither in god nor the devil, agree completely with his argument.



3. Forrest Gump: If it is true that stupid is as stupid does, then Forrest is a genius because he has done a lot in his life.



5. The Color Purple: This clip is wonderful as Celie comes into her own. After years of humiliation and abuse, she finds her voice.



6. Girl Interrupted: Angelina Jolie is truly frightening. There is something frightening about a person who tells the truth.



7. Pulp Fiction: "Mmmm, this is a tasty burger". I like this scene because I think it is good acting



8. Elizabeth I - I love this scene because Cate Blanchette accurately prortrays the strength of Queen Elizabeth I. Elizabeth was one of the best rules England had ever known (and she kicked Spain's ass)




8. Breakfast Club: The 1985 movie is about how five students from different cliques, meet in detention where they discover how they have more in common than they may have thought. This scene is meaningful to me because we see how Bender has a horrible home life.




9. Mildred Pierce: I like this scene because Mildred (Joan Crawford) finally lifts the wool over her eyes and see's her daughter for what she is, a manipulating snake in the grass. I think Joan Crawford is a fantastic actress.



Comments

Popular Posts