The Book of Mormom

The Mormons have been coming to my house lately. To be frank, I do not mind at all. They are nice boys, very polite, and kind. I was honest with them that I am an atheist, and do not take anything on faith.

After reading the first book of Mormon, I have to wonder - how is it seemingly intelligent human beings are not aware that this is completely made up? I am to believe that 2300 years ago, men built a vessel capable of transporting people from Israel across the Mediterranean, across the Atlantic, all the way to the Americas?

The voyage would have been impossible.  Faith is believing in things when common sense tells one not to. This leads me to think that common sense is so rare these days, that when it does appear it should be considered a superhuman power.







Comments

Popular Posts